Our Core Values
Our tag line is a succint summary of our core pillars - "the family of God built upon the Word of God to the glory of God." Our objective is to see children, teens, and adults coming to a saving knowledge of the Lord Jesus Christ and then to grow in spiritual maturity in the knowledge of their Savior so they become His followers who accurately reflect the character of God in their lives. The ministries of our church are geared towards that end.
The Bible teaches us that the purpose for the church's existence and its mission on earth is to bring glory to God. God's Word is the authoritative means whereby we learn about the many splendored excellencies of God's nature and how we can live so as to exalt Him above all else. So not only has God given to us an infallible, inerrant, completed revelation of Himself but also of His plan for man in the sixty-six books that comprise both the Old and New Testaments. Therefore, in our worship and in our ministries, the teachings of the Scriptures become the standard for what we do and how we operate. Our desire is to be Christ-exalting, Scripture-focused, and others-reaching.
We Are an Independent Baptist Church.
By independent, we simply mean we are not affiliated with nor controlled by any denomination. One of the Baptistic distinctives we embrace is that the local assembly of born-again believers ought to be autonomous or self-governing. We have a congregational form of government with deacons and a pastor in leadership positions.
We Are a Fundamental Ministry.
Current events have made many associate the name "fundamental" with extremist groups that are known for their terrorist activities or with groups that are known for strange and unorthodox practices. The term itself originated earlier in American history with roots in the early 20th century when the Modernist (Liberal)/Conservative theological battles were raging. So like those conservatives of that era who embraced and proclaimed the God-inspired teachings of both the Old and New Testaments, we embrace the following essential, non-negotiable doctrines of God’s Word:
- We believe in the divine inspiration of the sixty-six books of the Bible, comprised of both the Old and New Testaments and that they are supremely authoritative for us today in matters of faith and practice.
- We believe in the creation of man by the direct act of God and a literal six day creation of the universe and everything in it.
- We believe in the full deity of Jesus Christ, co-equal with the Father in essence, in power and glory.
- We believe in the incarnation (God became man with a real body and sinless human nature) and the virgin birth of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ.
- We believe in His substitutionary atonement for the sins of men by the shedding of His blood on the cross and His power to rescue men from sin’s penalty, its dominion, and ultimately its presence.
- We believe in the literal resurrection of Christ’s body from the tomb.
- We believe that the new birth, being born again, comes only through the regenerating work of the Holy Spirit wholly apart from man’s goodness or good works.
- We believe that the gift of eternal life comes only by the grace (the undeserved favor) of God, and is received by faith in Christ and His finished work alone.
- We believe that the Lord Jesus Christ will literally return one day to earth--personally, bodily, and visibly.
- We believe in the future resurrection of the righteous to eternal life with Christ and the future resurrection of the unrighteous to eternal suffering and separation from God in the Lake of Fire.
For a more complete statement of our beliefs, click here to read our Statement of Faith.
So the term "fundamental" explains not only our doctrinal position but also our practice. The hallmark of biblical fundamentalism is its separation from sin and compromise. We therefore reject the modern ecumenical movement and refuse fellowship with any church which has departed from the fundamental doctrines of the Word of God. Our members are taught and encouraged to live a life that is more reflective of God's character than of the culture that is increasingly abandoning biblical values and morality. We do not advocate isolationism; rather, we seek to practice a biblical separation.
We Are an Outreach Ministry.
In obedience to the great commission of Christ to "go ye into all the world and preach the Gospel to every creature," we pursue the objective of leading people to a personal relationship with the Lord Jesus Christ as their Savior and Lord. We also seek to help them grow in that relationship through discipleship programs. Through sound Gospel preaching and biblical exposition, through a home and foreign missions program, and other legitimate means, we seek to accomplish the objectives Christ has given to His Church.
Back to the Top